Warranty & Terms
By Placing an order with us either by mail , post or phone you accept these terms and conditions. Please understand that, if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from us
Bespoke Products and Consumer Right
All orders for our Bespoke , Made to Order products are made to your specifications, Therefore unlike most consumer contracts, you do not have a right to cancel the order once it has been firmly placed and accepted by us. This Does not affect your other rights. Since it’s a bespoke product its not returnable / non-refundable
We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us will, on delivery and for the following 12 months, conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied.
If the Product does not conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied we will, at our discretion, repair or replace the Product without charge. Normal wear and tear is not warranted. In addition, there are outside elements that may affect your Product’s appearance over time. Many of these conditions are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. These conditions are normal and are not considered manufacturing defects. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Differences in colour and texture from samples or from one Product to another.
- Slight variation in design from original as this is a handmade Product.
- Roll marks from shipping that will disappear with routine vacuuming.
- Seam peaking from rolling the Product that will disappear with reverse rolling.
- Shedding, which will decrease and stop over time.
- Matting and crushing at pivot points and in traffic paths.
- Highlighting and shading from light reflections.
- Normal sprouting, pulls or loss of some tufts.
- Exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, chemicals or atmospheric gases which causes fading over a period of time.
- Improper maintenance, including use of the vacuum cleaners beater bar
- Placing a non-water-resistant Product in a damp or wet area
- Damage caused by pets, insects, etc.
- Improper cleaning, especially through use of a wet process
- Size variation +- 3%
- Colour variation +-3%
- Use of Scotch Guard, which is a third party product, therefore we take no responsibility as to whether it works correctly or not.
Exclusions and Limitations. The manufacturer's warranty does not cover normal wear and tear plus certain inherent characteristics including, but not limited to, those described above, which may affect the Product's appearance and/or performance over time. It is only applicable to Products placed for use indoors and in environments maintained at normal temperature and humidity. It does not cover tears, burns, cuts, pulls or other damage, deterioration, stain, loss of colour or appearance caused by abuse, or improper or inadequate maintenance. It does not cover Products placed in use on stairs, ramps, or any area regularly subjected to wheeled or rolling apparatus.
Remedy Exclusions Liability and exclusive remedy of Ruggle Up under this warranty is limited to actual repair or replacement. Ruggle Up' total liability shall not exceed the invoice amount to the customer Ruggle Up is not responsible for bodily injury, property loss or damage, removal or relocation of furnishings, or any incidental or consequential damages or costs associated with repair or replacement.
Nontransferable Warranties on Ruggle Up Products are intended for the protection of the Consumer and/or Business and are not transferable to any other party.
Using vacuum cleaners with beater bar voids the warranty.
If the rug has a manufacturing defect then it is Ruggle Up’s responsibility to collect the Products from the customer. If the customer has to organise collection through their carriers then they can bill the cost to Ruggle Up. The Rug will be repaired if it can be repaired or if not it will be replaced by Ruggle Up.
Tufts coming out in clumps all over the Product (by clumps it means big clumps not 2 or 3 tufts). The design is completely wrong does not match the approved graph that has the customer signed off. colours are completely wrong and not just a slight variation as specified above. Size is completely wrong and does not fall within the variation specified above.
All Products are handmade, largely from natural materials. Accordingly, it is possible that there will be minor discrepancies (in Products as delivered) from any specifications, designs, samples, colours provided/shown to you and you acknowledge and agree that such discrepancies shall not constitute a breach of clause 23.1.
Where you provide us with any image(s) to be incorporated in/on a Product, you shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with any claim made against us for actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising out of, or in connection with, our use of such image(s).
Limitation and Exclusion of Liability
This term 2 sets out our entire liability to you. You acknowledge and agree that this term 24 reflects a fair allocation of risk between you and us.
Subject to term
our total liability to you (howsoever such liability may arise) shall not exceed the greater of:
- £500; or
- twice the amount you have paid us for Products in the 12 months preceding the event that gave rise to our liability;
- we shall have no liability for minor discrepancies (in Products as delivered) from any specifications, designs, samples, colours provided/shown to you;
- any terms, conditions and/or warranties implied by law (whether by statute, common law or otherwise) are hereby excluded.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 for defective products; or
- for any other matter for which it would be illegal (according to applicable law) for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
If you have any complaints please write to us on [email protected]