Warranty & Terms
BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH RUGGLEUP.COM BY PHONE , EMAIL POST OR IN PERSON YOU WILL HAVE DEEEMED TO READ AND UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW
These conditions are applicable to all contracts for the sale of goods by the seller ( RUGGLEUP.COM) to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other Terms and Conditions including any Terms and Conditions which the Client may purport to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order or similar document.
BESPOKE PRODUCTS AND CONSUMER RIGHT
All Customs and Bespoke orders can be cancelled within 48hrs of being placed. We cannot offer any refund once they have gone into production ( which is after 48 hours) . Custom/ Bespoke are products that have been made specifically to Your, Size, Design, color and shape, or any other specifications given by the customer.
Bespoke rugs cannot be returned and are not subject to any refunds unless they are not fit for purpose. Fit For Purpose means that in all material respects it confirms to the description on the website, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all purposes for which the product of this kind is commonly used.
We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us will, on delivery and for the following 12 months, conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied.
If the Product does not conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied we will, at our discretion, if the product is repairable repair or subsequently replace the Product without charge.
- Normal wear and tear does not come under the warranty. In addition, there are outside elements that may affect your Product’s appearance over time. Many of these conditions are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. These conditions are normal and are not considered manufacturing defects. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Since this is a custom handmade product there will always be A Slight variation in color, texture,weave, depth as compared to the original sample, this is not a defect, it’s what gives the product its uniqueness
- Variation in size maybe upto +- 3% of size ordered.
- Slight variation in design from original as this is a handmade Product.
- There May be slight marks from rolling ( the edge of the rug pressing into the pile) and prolonged shipping that will disappear with routine vacuuming.
- Seam peaking from rolling the Product that will disappear with reverse rolling
- Slow Fading is a normal process which will occur over a period of time and can be accelarated by factors like Exposure to sunlight , high humidity , heat or chemicals. Placing rugs in direct and continuous sunlight will cause them to fade. Charcoal colored products will fade in sunlight. We suggest you rotate the rug to reduce potential damage caused by natural light. The darker the rug, the higher chance it will fade. Microsealing can be a way to reduce fading where rugs are exposed to high and direct sunlight.
- Due to changes in pile and weave direction shading may also occur and be more apparent in plain rugs and this is a natural characteristic of carpets and rugs
- All Handmade rugs made from natural fibres will Shed, this is perfectly normal and will decrease and stop over time with regular hoovering. Do NOT USE A BEATER HEAD ( MECHANICAL DRUM ROLLING MACHINE)
- Sprouting: More often occurring in jute and sisal rugs, there will be short fibres popping up while the rug settles and is also caused by furniture placed on top of the rug. This can be trimmed or pushed through, without risking the structural integrity or aesthetic appeal.
- Placing a non-water-resistant Product in a damp or wet area or Damage caused by pets, insects, or Improper cleaning, especially through use of a wet process
- Use of Scotch Guard, which is a third party product, therefore we take no responsibility as to whether it works correctly or not.
Exclusions and Limitations
The manufacturer's warranty does not cover normal wear and tear plus certain inherent characteristics including, but not limited to, those described above, which may affect the Product's appearance and/or performance over time. It is only applicable to Products placed for use indoors and in environments maintained at normal temperature and humidity. It does not cover tears, burns, cuts, pulls or other damage, deterioration, stain, loss of color or appearance caused by abuse, or improper or inadequate maintenance. It does not cover Products placed in use on stairs, ramps, or any area regularly subjected to wheeled or rolling apparatus.
Non-transferable Warranties on RuggleUp Products are intended for the protection of the Consumer and/or Business and are not transferable to any other party. Using vacuum cleaners with beater bar voids the warranty.
If the rug has a manufacturing defect then it is RuggleUp 's responsibility to collect the Products from the customer. If the customer has to organise collection through their carriers then they can bill the cost to RuggleUp. The Rug will be repaired if it can be repaired or if not it will be replaced by RuggleUp .
WHAT IS A MANUFACTURING DEFECT
Tufts coming out in clumps all over the Product (by clumps it means big clumps not 2 or 3 tufts). The design is completely wrong, does not match the approved graph that the customer has signed off. colors are completely wrong and not just a slight variation as specified above. Size is completely wrong and does not fall within the variation specified above.
Indemnity against Copyright
Where you provide us with any image(s) to be incorporated in/on a Product, you shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with any claim made against us for actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising out of, or in connection with, our use of such image(s).
Wherever specific delivery dates and times have been agreed we will make every effort to honour those. However given the nature of the product , and its dependence on weather conditions which are beyond our control means that we may at times not be able to honour these commitments and in such cases will not be held responsible for delays. Also any delays of such a nature will be notified well in advance.
Also once the goods are dispatched from our factory and handed over to the courier ( third party ) there may be delays in transit again we will not be held responsible for these delays.
Also at times goods may be subjected to extra Custom charges and Import duties . We will not be liable for these.
Title And Risk
Goods delivered will be at the buyers risk from the time of delivery , But the Property in goods delivered shall only pass on to the buyer once the full payment as per the invoice raised has been made.
Also the buyers right to possession of goods shall terminate if the client is declared bankrupt or makes any proposal to his creditors for any composition or voluntary arrangement or, if the Client is a company, an Administrator, Administrative Receiver or Liquidator is appointed in respect of its business.
We will retain all intellectual property rights existing in the goods, including, without limitation, copyright in the designs.
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY
The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any damage or loss to third parties caused either directly or indirectly by the performance of any contract or goods supplied and the Client at all times indemnifies the Seller against such loss or damage.
Limitation of Liability
We will use all reasonable endeavours to carry out our obligations within a reasonable period of time but will not be liable to the Client for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any delays in doing so and the we will not be deemed to be in breach of this contract by reason of any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to this contract, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the our reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following will be regarded as causes beyond the our reasonable control:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident;
- War or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance or requisition;
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority;
- Import or export regulations or embargoes;
- Strikes, lock outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes;
- Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery;
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
If we are prevented from carrying out our obligations in the above circumstances, the Buyer will be notified in writing and if we are still prevented from carrying out our obligations 3 weeks from the date such notice was sent, then either party may give written notice to the other cancelling the contract. If the contract is cancelled in this way the we accept no liability to compensate the Buyer for any loss or damage caused by failure to perform.
If you have any complaints please write to us on [email protected]